Thursday, March 24, 2011

Because

Let's talk some more about how much I love these little cusses, shall we?

My sister took some random pictures last week when she came to visit, and I feel like she truly captured their spirits. (Not literally, duh. Cameras only do that to my superstitious grandma.)
For example, Lennon happened to be wearing that dress she's recently fallen back in love with. I also just saw this dress in a picture she took when she was TWO, not three. We bought it when she went to the temple with us. Insane. So, if you've got your eye on a very pretty dress, but don't think you can justify the cost, just ensure that your girl will refuse to eat anything but chicken nuggets, oatmeal, and bananas. You'll be just fine getting her into that thing for years to come. We're shooting for Baptism, possibly wedding, if we can get her married off early enough (I'm starting to border on inappropriate Mormon Culture jokes, aren't I? For the record, she's not getting married until she's at least 30, and child brides creep me out.)

This picture definitely tells a story about who my little girl is. She's all about feeling like a princess, and she's a sucker for flowers in her hair. Nothing wrong with feeling pretty. And like I said, the girl loves her some animals. She told me she'd like to be a veterinarian when she grows up, and recently she added that she wants to be a vet for guide dogs. The idea gives me HeartBreath, which is that thing moms get when they're so proud of their kids, their heart feels like it's in their mouth. It's a real thing, and it's beautiful, even if I make it sound gross.

I love this picture so much that I've already decided it's going in her announcements when she graduates from veterinary school.

And then there's my beautiful son, Harrison, who is sweet and shy, and always up for a snuggle. He always offers an unsolicited "Luff you, Mom" in the morning, and he is such a good friend to those who need it. Quick to apologize when he's made a mistake, and slow to react to offense. Harrison is an observer, which is why I think he such a smarty-pants. He is such a laid back kid, and I suspect he'll always live up to his namesake, George, as The Quiet One.

This may not actually be reflected in the following picture:


...which I am also saving, in the event he ever needs an announcement for a Parole Release.

2 comments:

The Wizzle said...

I'm also having a Day of Overwhelming Love for my kids, and this is just making me feel like floating away into the blue, blue sky. Filled with love.

monika said...

even the quiet ones get a little wild and crazy every now and then ;)