Monday, August 17, 2009

Here.

This cannot be the same kid who, just this morning, ran out to a group of kids on the playground and screamed out, "I'M HERE!!!"  

Just two years ago, my little Lennonhead wanted nothing to do with the spotlight.  "Don' LOO ah me" she'd say in her most assertive baby voice, as she covered her eyes, making us dissolve into thin air.  

"I'm melting away Lennon!  Open your eyes!"

And she would, because she has a good heart, and she wouldn't want us to have to go through life invisible, not yet understanding how cool that would actually be.  

The Lennon of This Morning, walked out onto that sunny playground, ready to be see and be seen.  And her audience was having it.  

"HOORAY FOR QUEEN LENNON!  LONG LIVE THE QUEEN," they cheered, waving banners and throwing confetti.  One kid threw up.  

Know your worth, she taught me today.  And then triple it.  

I'M HERE!

5 comments:

Mama's Place said...

What a cute post...she is adorable!!

diane said...

Let's just hope she stops evolving here and doesn't turn into an "Off With Their Heads!!!" kind of queen. Because that is sooo my job.

Kristin said...

That picture of her is making me melt...so cute and so shy...she's the belle of the ball now! I'm glad she's having such a great time in school.

monika said...

whoo hoo Lennonhead!!

teamBoo said...

i seriously love you. And sorry it has taken me a while to figure out that Renee (the one leaving the sweet and always quirky comments on my blog) was you. And I think i want to steal Lennon...

*p.s. would you ever want to guest post for me? I would love another mommy perspective on my blog, and it doesn't hurt that you are awesome! Plus I am low on stuff to write about lately...not a lot happens when i'm sitting on my butt watching movies ;) Except for an occasional bathroom break...