Friday, December 5, 2008

More Christmas Movies

Wow, Christmas movie OVERLOAD today.

First was called Comfort and Joy. It was a lot like The Family Man with Nicholas Cage. I actually kind of liked it. A woman with a lucrative career gets in an accident and wakes up from it ten years in the future, finding out she has a husband and two kids, which she always said she never wanted, and because it's a Christmas movie, she discovers that's what she's always wanted. I admit that I cried when her kid helped the dying homeless man eat his free Christmas dinner at the shelter. But I think I'm going to start my period, so I don't know if it counts. I'd watch it again next year, if it's on, but I'm not going to make it a tradition or anything.

Then I watched The Night Before Christmas: A Mouse Story on Cartoon Network, Holy crap, people, this movie was BaaaaAAAAD. My brain just shut off entirely halfway through. It was like, "Um, no Renee." So I don't really know how to describe it, other than to say it was sort of about mice and sort of about that poem. There was rapping. By cats. What the heck?? At one point I zoned back into the movie and we were looking at Mary singing to Baby Jesus the song Silent Night, and I thought it was hilarious that she referred to her virginity in a lullaby to her son. I totally don't "get" this movie.

Then we watched The Santa Clause, which I honestly kind of like. Tim Allen is kind of annoying, but the premise of this movie is cute. Or maybe I just drank the Disney kool-aid. What of it? The Santa Clause 2 is watchable, but The Santa Clause 3 is a crapfest. My favorite thing about The Santa Clause is Bernard the Elf. I don't think he's cute or anything. At least, I don't think I do. He's just inexplicably my favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well if you feel the need to see Bernard on a more regular basis you can always catch him on
Numb3rs on CBS. You know just in case you really do have an elfin crush on him.