Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Taste of Honey

Has anyone noticed the lack of update? I'm working on something, and it's taking a lot of my energy. I'd be more vague, but, well, you know...

But my number one fan has waited so patiently (like a fox), I figured I could throw her a bone. (If you clicked that link, and it wasn't you, and you thought it would be, just remember that YOU probably didn't come all the way from Washington to put yourself in a situation where scorpions fall on your head, just to buy me lunch. If you'd like to apply for the position of number one fan, please put yourself in mortal danger, buy me a grilled cheese, and then submit a resume. Thanks.)

Eric is going to school full-time now, while also working a full-time job. This gives me a lot of Me time, which I'm really bad at. I tend to spend 70% of Me Time wringing my hands and wondering if the sky is falling, will fall, or already did. The other 30% of Me Time is spent trying to remove cookie crumbs from under the space bar. It's a bad place to be in. So, I recently decided to attempt spending at least 15% of that time on writing that book I always wanted to write.

That's where I've been. I have written a whole chapter that I hate. It's not been the most productive month of my life. But I'm pretty sure I'm not ready to quit just yet.

So blogging took a back seat. I'm willing to change things up though, especially when they aren't really working in the first place, and so, every so often, I will let my blog come up front, sit on my lap, and pretend to steer and play with the radio buttons while I'm in park. You are welcome, number one fan.

To Fan number Two through Six: I'm sorry that I suck. When you start to really hate me, just go back and read this post again, and maybe we can be on speaking terms. Dance Moms is a new show on Lifetime that I started watching last week, and Lennon's dolls are itching to get on camera again... just saying, maybe you want to check in every so often.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I was wondering why there's been no blog posts lately! I think it's great that you're writing and I'm it's sometimes frustrating, but hopefully you feel a big sense of accomplishment just by taking a step forward towards your dream.

I will be more than satisfied with the occasional blog posts, just add in some quick and easy video posts of the kids. Harri was too cute yesterday and so friendly with me, I want to keep living it on a loop like Horace chopping down that tree in the jungle.

Becky said...

I've been wondering about you! You are such a great writer and I always laugh- can't wait to read!

The Wizzle said...

You are fantastic. Writing a book? Good for you. I think that's a brilliant idea, but lately my blog posts have been more like sentences, and not interesting ones at that. A book seems absolutely towering.

monika said...

I am totally psychic, I was thinking you should work on a book and there you go doing it without me even knowing.

mrsmouthy said...

I'm sorry--I must have clicked on this blog my mistake. The mommyblogyay I was trying to reach doesn't ever have new posts anymore.

mrsmouthy said...

You're totally pregnant, aren't you?