Or maybe the thing is just getting old and we'll have to drive around in a squeaky rattling car for another year, but that we really did dodge a bullet. I could live with that.
I just think I should mention some of the things I am loving about today.
* New neighbor dropped in to say hello. She said my house was cute. I love her, even if she is a liar.
* I'm really into Oatmeal lately. I can't get enough of it. It's like a pregnancy craving without the pregnancy. I have Tim to thank, because he made oatmeal cookies (with a Hawaiian twist) for the Lost season premiere, and they were UNREAL. I've been really into oatmeal since. This morning, Harrison and I ate five bowls of it, between the two of us. Delicious.
* The weather is beautiful.
* I have another Report Night tonight. Attendance ebbs and flows, but even if it were just me and Eric, sharing our reports over dinner, I'd still love it. Having something I look forward to every month gives me purpose, and makes me feel like I haven't totally dropped out of society. It's also fun to learn everything there is to know about Tetris and the island of Guernsey.
* I love my friends. I love that I can go to their houses just to watch television and let our kids run around acting like goons, and walk out of there feeling renewed and genuinely happy.
* I love that Amber wrote "Balls" in my comments, and it was exactly the right thing to say.
So maybe, really, nothing is wrong.