Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cool

Is there a cool way to say that you're moving your family into your mom's basement? No?

BUT what if I say it while holding up this guitar in front of my face? Guitars are pretty cool. Rock stars play them. That's got to do something to offset the fact that I'll be sleeping in my old room, right?



See? Pretty cool, right? Or my copy of Rushmore. Rushmore was a really cool movie, and since I own it, I've got to be cool too. Thus, the mom's basement thing is totally null and void. Yes?



Does Abbey Road do anything for you? what if I was like, "Hey guys, I have Abbey Road I'mmovingintomymom'shouse on CD!!"



Does the fact that it's a CD help or hurt?

Henry Rollins is like, Cool Personified. If I'm holding a copy of a book of stories written by Henry Rollins, that's gotta be good.



Hmm... Henry might be a little TOO cool. Like I'm trying too hard or something.

OR L- could say it while holding this tiger and.... ummmmm.... ??



No wait, Babies!



Can't go wrong with chubby babies. I might be unable to purchase a home, BUT I've got a baby. A drooling baby... with a soggy diaper... I give up.

Look, I've got a framed picture of Sean Connery hanging on my wall. I have nothing to prove. Eric and I decided to move into my mom's basement for six months to get ahead on bills, and save up for a down payment on a house. And when I say it like that, it's like, "Oh, okay. Sean Connery Receiving Oscar picture is just icing on the cake at this point".



Gee, I kind of hope Mom lets me hang that in her house.........

8 comments:

witticism here said...

You sealed the deal with the Sean Connery pic. Now blog about how he was the coolest Bond ever.

Becca said...

Renee, I love your posts. You always give me a good laugh. Brad and I moved into his parents basement for 3 months while our house was being built and so we could save. Just be glad it's your house and not the in-laws. My in-laws were loving and welcoming, but it still had it's akward moments. The icing on the cake was that his little sisters were 5 and 6 at the time. Oh yeah, it was fun!Happy packing!

Katy said...

Your coolness didn't go down it went up. Sean Connery!!? Just the fact that you own a sean connery picture is awsome, but you've taken it to a whole other level by actually hanging that picture on the wall. 6 months will fly by.

Jillsywillsy said...

I drove past your mom's house the other day. I was taking my little brother to a friend's house near there. I was thinking "I wonder if Renee moved yet?"

mrsmouthy said...

Whew. I was beginning to think I was way UNCOOL because I've never heard of Rushmore, the Collins guy, and the Abbey Road thing. But I know who Sean Connery is, so there's hope for me yet! Unfortunately, my parents don't have a basement so that level of coolness evades me still...

And good luck. You're a trooper.

Ern said...

hahaha! Abby Road! What's cooler is the "olive ewe" pic hanging up in the background. you forgot to point that out.

Who cares is you'removingintoyourmom'shouse. I think it's awesome of you and Eric to be responsible about things and pay the billz, instead of allowing it to get overwhelming. I"m sure if times get tough you could sell your Sean Connery pic for millions.

diane said...

Did you forget your audience? Do you not recall that I am livingatmymomshousewithmytwokidsandwontbemovingoutforthreeyears super cool, too? I laugh at 6 months. I mock it in the face. I hope you feel better now. Oh, and yeah, you're married to a pretty cool guy too. I am being auctioned off to the highest bidder at my mom's ward. What? He is border-line down's syndrome but he has a testimony. Check! Set him up with Diane! See??? Making you feel much better.

Anonymous said...

At least your mom has a basement. If I needed a place to move to accomodate the fam I would have to move in with the in laws which most likely would end in divorce, murder or suicide. Or I could move in with my mom and share a room with my sister and dodge the random gunfire of south Phoenix.