Monday, July 28, 2008

Last Lecture

I finally took an hour and watched the Last Lecture. If you aren't sure what this is, Google and watch as a dying man teaches us all about life. You may have seen him on Oprah, you know, if you were on bed rest for half your pregnancy, and Ellen was a rerun.

Everyone gets something different out of it. Some people probably say, "Oh, I should probably stop being a jerk, in case I die" and some say, "Oh, I should not give up so much when I hit the brick walls" and some say, "Oh, I should try that zero-gravity thing, cos DUUUUDE".

I didn't really walk away saying anything, so I decided that maybe if I blogged about it, something profound would totally just light up the room with its profundity. It hasn't happened yet.

Wasn't there a segment in there about patience?

Yeah, but H- is teething and I'm supposed to put the lasagna in the oven. So maybe I'll think about it while I'm walking him around the house with a Popsicle in his mouth and rethinking our supper options.

Have you watched it yet? Have you at least read the viral e-mail about it? The cliff notes version of the e-mail? Do you even GO on the Internet?

What did you get out of it?

1 comment:

Mama's Place said...

I liked that he never felt sorry for his situation and that he lived his life the way he wanted to. He took pleasure in his family and he passed on to them a love for life and a positive attitude.

So when I come to a bump in my road I try not to let it get the best of me.....the operative word is try. We can all learn a great lesson from his last lecture.