Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm Awesome

I'm doing so much better this weekend, after spending time with friends and family and realizing that I'm not alone. Thank you so much for all of your kind comments and e-mails. I feel the love, and it makes a difference.

I got this text from my friend Becca after a really hard night, and it wasn't anything more than just a few simple words of encouragement and love, and I recognized that I hadn't been telling myself those words, and that's what was missing. I usually joke around that I'm the funniest person I know, and I'm everyone's inspiration, and even though I am saying it to be silly, I think it makes a difference in my attitude. I really think I'm just going to have to remember that I'm the best.

Alright, not "the best." But I'm dealing fairly well with a pretty major thing, and I need to let myself know that I'm doing alright. And also that I'm funny and I tan easily.

I'm also going to have to stop listening to people who make me feel bad. Lame people are just going to be lame. I don't think think they understand RP, and I don't think they want to understand. So, enough about them. More about me, and my near-saintly patience, super soft hair, and that unfailing ability to find the best people in the world to be my friends.


8 comments:

Alexa said...

Alright, not "the best."
Nope, you were right the first time. You most definitely ARE the best.
I'm so happy you're feeling better. <3

Kristin said...

You forgot to add "humble" to your list of attributes.

On a serious note, I'm glad you're feeling better and you really do need to give yourself more credit!

Becky Andrews said...

You sure are! Agree, the power of a supportive friend, encouraging text, etc is amazing and so helpful.

Monika said...

:)

Ern said...

You are so awesome! What you tell yourself makes all the difference.

If you ever need help, please ask. Love you, Nee!

Becca M said...

Whose awesome? This girl. (I'm pointing at myself, not you. Geez.)

Becca M said...

P.S. Glad we're besties.

Admin said...

You're the best person from Arizona that I know of (aside from Road Runner)