Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hilarious

I have the sense of humor of an old man. Falling down (especially if it's on purpose, meant to look like an accident) is funny. Pie in the face is funny. Mistaken identity and madcap mix-ups are usually funny, as long as it's not to the point of frustration (I'm looking at you Three's Company). (Oh, who am I kidding? Three's Company, you crack me up).

But wordplay? Wordplay makes my life worth living. I love a good wordplay. Q and A jokes make me laugh out loud. Knock Knock? Even better.

Like, I've mentioned once before (I think on the myspace blog.... maybe I'll repost that entry here soon) I once wrote a joke book with Eric. Well, the beginnings of a joke book, anyway. And, if I do say so myself, it was and is pretty much the funniest thing ever. I'm just going to say it. I'm hilarious. Eric is hilarious. We. Are. Hilarious.

So you can imagine our pride when L- told us her very first made-up joke, last night on the long car ride home from California.

"You guys want to hear a funny game?" came a small voice from the back of the Chevy Malibu.

And without waiting for a response, "What do you think is a dog's favorite treat?"

"Hmmm... I don't know L-. What is a dog's favorite treat?" we asked, expecting an exclamation of "POOP!" or "TOOT!" to follow.

"PAW-corn!!!" she said.

And an explosion of giggles erupted, as we received confirmation of our combined hilariousness.

3 comments:

diane said...

Between the two of you, I am pretty sure you have created a Sarah Silverman. But way cuter.

Katy said...

I think that should go in the joke book.

Sheri_Beri said...

awwww... how cute!